Did you know that baking soda can be used for more than just cooking? When used right, baking soda can take your warm & relaxing bath to the next level and turn it into a healthy detox so you feel even better when you get out! Baking soda is a great detox tool that is safe to use, regardless of your age. Today, when there are so many artificial and harmful chemicals being put into our food, water and the air it becomes all the more important to help your body expel the bad.
Note: if performed incorrectly, detox can harm you to some extent. Therefore, it’s very important to do a lot of research and develop a detoxification program that will be safe and effective for you personally.
Benefits of Baking Soda Bath
- Baking Soda will detoxify and alkalize acids from your body. This is an all-natural and fairly inexpensive way to detox your body, and for those of us who live on a “western-style” diet that is made up of an increased consumption of sugars, red meat, cheese, and other refined foods that tend to have a much higher acid content than other diets, it’s that much more beneficial. Baking soda can help to neutralize acid and detox the body of some of the harmful things that get left behind from these foods.
- Some of the other useful things baking soda can do for your body is pain relief from hemorrhoids, vaginal yeast infection, anal fissure, and other discomforts in the genital or buttock area. Baking soda is also great for irritated skin, as it can help to relieve itching and burning sensations.
- Baking soda can be used in any kind of bathtub since it fully dissolves in the water. Even if you have a jetted tub, the use of baking soda in the water shouldn’t cause any issues at all! So, as your muscles enjoy a jetted massage, the rest of your body can reap the benefits added by the baking soda. It also has no fragrances or chemicals, which is nice because it does not leave residues in the bathtub so there is no extra clean up after your all done with your warm bath!
Baking Soda bath Recipes
Baking Soda Bath: Recipe 1
Get your bathtub or meditub filled with enough warm water to be nearly submerged when sitting in the tub. As the tub is filling, add in four to five tablespoons of baking soda into the water, do it as the tub is filling so the baking soda will circulate well through the tub, use a wooden spoon to help stir in and break up any clumps so it fully dissolves in the water. Enjoy your warm detox bath and soak for 10-20 minutes. Be sure to lightly dry yourself off with a soft towel to avoid irritating your newly opened pours from the bath.
Baking Soda Bath: Recipe 2
Just like before, fill your bathtub up so you can submerge yourself in to it, this time add a half of cup to the Epsom salt along with a half a cup of baking soda. As the water runs, mix with a wooden spoon to break up any clumps that may form so all of the salt and powder is mixed into your bath and fully dissolves. Enjoy a warm soak in the tub for 20 minutes.
Baking Soda Bath: Recipe 3
In a jar or bowl, take a quarter cup of sea salt, a quarter cup of Epsom salt, and a quarter cup of baking soda and mix with boiling water till they all full dissolve. Set this jar or bowl aside and start to fill your tub with warm water. As the tub is filling, add in 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar. Pour in the salt mixture and enjoy your warm soak. Add some essential oils and enjoy a spa-like 30 minutes all from your own home!
Go Full Spa
- If you want a deeper cleanse and want to enjoy a tasty drink, have some peppermint tea before bathing. You can even add brewed peppermint tea into your bath water to help release toxins.
- Add aromatherapy to your bath time with 10-15 drops of essential oils, such as rose or jasmine. If you want to help get rid of some of your daily stress, add relaxing herbs like lavender or chamomile to the water.
Enjoy your bath time again and make it your own personal spa! Detoxing will make you feel great and make your bath time both relaxing and healthy so you can enjoy a longer healthier life. And we all want that, so try out these three great recipes and let me know which one you liked the best.